J.M.W.E. van Loon
Delegate Supervisory Director
Marjan van Loon was born in Helmond on 25 December 1965. She became a Delegate Supervisory Director of GasTerra commencing on 1 January 2016. In 1989, she took up a post of chemical technician at Shell. Since then she has held a number of positions at home and abroad. In de period 1997-2007, she was working in Australia as Technical Manager at the Karratha Gas Plant and in Malaysia as Regional Manager for LNG & Gas Processing. In 2007, she was appointed Global Manager for LNG and Gas Processing and from 2009 she was Vice President Integrated Gas and LNG.
On 1 January 2016, she was appointed CEO of Shell Netherlands.
Main and ancillary positions
- CEO of Shell Nederland B.V.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers (VNO-NCW)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Association of the Dutch Petroleum Industry (VNPI)
- Chairman of the Dutch Board of Directors of the World Petroleum Congress
- Chairman of the Christiaan Huygens Prize Foundation
- Member of the Board of the Avond van Wetenschap en Maatschappij (Evening of Science and Society)
- Member of the Board of the Apeldoorn British-Dutch Dialogue Conference
- Member of the Sponsor Fund Board of the Rotterdam Theatre
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Clingendael International Energy Programme (CIEP)
- Member of KIVI Oil and Gas Board
- Chemical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology (graduated in 1989)