J.M. Van Roost MSc
Delegate Supervisory Director
Joost Van Roost was born in Leuven on 13 April 1955. He is a Delegate Supervisory Director of GasTerra. From 1979, he held various positions within ExxonMobil. From 1998, he was Upstream Director of ExxonMobil Benelux. After the merger of Exxon with Mobil, he became President of ExxonMobil Benelux in 2000. He is also Director for Natural Gas and CEO of Esso Nederland BV and CEO of ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical BVBA.
Main and ancillary positions
- CEO of Esso Nederland B.V.
- Chairman of ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical, bvba
- Member of the Board of Supervisory Directors of the Dutch Petroleum Company (Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschappij B.V. (NAM)
- Vice-President at the American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
- Board Member at the American Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands
- Trustee of United Fund of Belgium
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Clingendael International Energy Programme (CIEP)
- Member of the Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie van België voor Wetenschappen en Kunsten (Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for the Sciences and Arts)
- Catholic University of Leuven, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (1977)
- University of Michigan, MSc. in Nuclear Engineering (1978)
- Catholic University of Leuven, MBA (1983)